Sunday, June 14, 2009

Mistaken Identity (NF)

I don't remember the exact name. It was something that began with a "C," or maybe a "K," but it definitely wasn't "Charlotte." Whatever it may or may not have been, I will assume it was Christy.

"Christy" I stopped. They were clearly talking to me. I Turned were I was standing, halfway up the stairs that led out of the underground parking lot, and looked to see who it was that had obviously forgotten my name. I didn't know them. 3-4 Girls, and I certainly didn't know a single one.

"Christy, I haven't seen you in so long, how are you?" They clearly did not know this Christy well if they were certain I was her. What the hell, I decided to play.

"I'm well, how are you?"

The continued to ask me all sorts of questions... what happened to that boy I dated freshman year (I didn't date anyone freshman year) What "Sue" was up to, etcetera.

I made up answers to all their questions. I had no idea who Christy was. I didn't know who she dated, what classes she was taking in school, or any of it, but it didn't matter. They obviously didn't know either, and if I said that I'd just broken up with a jerk who was rude to my roommates then bygone, Christy had just broken up with a boy who was rude to her roommates.

I wonder if I started any rumors that day. I'm pretty sure I didn't say anything nasty though.

1 comment:

  1. That is so funny! and the fact that you played along, priceless! >-<

    ReplyDelete