Sunday, June 14, 2009

What are You Looking For? (F)

It was the 5th time I had done it since Sunday.

There I stood, in the the middle of the Dining Room, uncertain of which wall to face. I felt my eyes glaze over and shook my head in protest. "Bedroom twice, hall once, kitchen once, and now the dining room." I was not loosing my mind, I knew that, but I was glazing over again. "Damn." I closed my eyes and shook my head again... Contents may settle in shipping.... shake before opening. I smiled, realizing the pointlessness of the motion. I looked down at my feet.

"Remind me again of why we are here?" My feet didn't answer. "Figures."

I started with the wall to my left. I don't know why I chose the wall to my left, but then again, I didn't know what I was looking for either. I scanned the shelves, desk, and floor. Nothing. I turned to my right, repeat, nothing. Right, repeat, nothing. Right, repeat, nothing. Right.... right back where I started. Hmmph.

"Well feet, " I implored, "I simply don't remember why I came here. You are just going to have to backtrack until I figure it out!" Slowly, I retraced my steps, down the hall, around the bend, to the middle of the floor.... and nothing. I slumped into my chair, ready to get back to whatever it was I was doing on the computer before my feet so rudely interrupted me. I put the candlesticks in my hand down so that I could reach for the mouse.

The candlesticks. I wasn't looking for any thing... I was putting away. I picked up the candlestics and walked back towards the dining room.

"Next time," I told my feet, "I'll ask the hands why you brought me here"

1 comment:

  1. haha I like it! The conversation with your feet were funny ^^ I like the last line too, it had closure which sometimes my pieces lack from laziness. :-P

    I'm so glad your doing this to! it makes it more fun when other people so it to, it keeps you more motivated.

    ReplyDelete