Sunday, June 14, 2009

Small Regrets. (NF)

With the last restroom 2 hours behind me and with 3 hours left to half dome, I squatted 30 yards from the trail, shorts around my ankles, and my bottom felt even more naked because of the breeze. I would pee like this 5 more times on this 12 hour round trip hike, and each time my mind would return to that one phone call 2 days earlier.

"Do you still want me to get that pee thing"

"You said there are bathrooms along the trail?"

"uh-hu"

"but they will be nasty..."

"Compost toilets."

"Oh, I'll just deal with the toilets and save the money for now."


Toilets... if only there were toilets...

2 comments:

  1. Nice. So how much was the pee thing? was it worth saving some money? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh 23 bucks... and instead he surprised me with a 30 dollar head lamp... so....

    ReplyDelete